Florida State University
College of Law, Tallahassee, FL
Juris Doctor, May 2007
Spring Hill College, Mobile, AL
Bachelor of Science, May 2004
Major: Business Administration
Belen Jesuit Preparatory School, Miami, FL
High School Diploma, May 2001
Trujillo Vargas Gonzalez & Hevia, LLP
Founding Partner – Miami, FL, August 2011
- Successfully litigated Multimillion dollar business disputes.
- Represented Clients in Federal Court accused of various crimes including, wire fraud, Aggravated Identity Theft, and Medicare Fraud.
- Represented homeowners regarding property insurance disputes.
Office of the State Attorney, 11th Judicial Circuit
Assistant State Attorney, Miami, FL 2007- 2011
- Tried 54 jury trials, 26 Jury Trial to Verdict and served as first chair in 20 jury selections.
- Served as a Trial Attorney in the Felony Division and Violent Felony Repeat Offender Court.
- Served as an Assistant Training Attorney in the County Court Division.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- State of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court Northern District of Florida
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- State Representative, House District 105 2012- Present
- State Representative, House District 116 2010-2012
- Florida House Economic and Tourism Committee, Chair 2012-2014
- Florida House Criminal Justice Committee, Chair 2014- Present
- Member of the Jackson Memorial Hospital Public Health Trust 2014- present
- Florida Hispanic Caucus, Vice Chair 2012- present
- Miami Dade Charter Review Task Force, 2012
- Belen Alumni Association, Past Board Member 2008-2012
- Florida Bar’s Student Education and Admission to the Bar Committee, Member 2008-2009
AWARDS & DISTINCTIONS
- Martindale Hubble AV Rated 4.9, 2016
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2016
- Florida Sheriff’s Association Legislative Champion Award, 2015
- Office of The State Attorney’s Crime Fighter Award, 2015
- Florida Chamber of Commerce, Honor Roll, 2010- 2014
- Americans for Prosperity A+ member, 2012, 2014
- Youngest Member of the 2010-2012 legislative Session
- Media commentary on legal and political issues for Fox News, Univision, NBC and the Huffington Post.
- Silver Knight Award Recipient 2001
English and Spanish
Married to Carmen Maria Mir since 2007. Proud father of Carlos Manuel (5), Isabella Alba (4), Juan Pablo (3) and Felipe (1).